Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Reading (April 25th, 2011)

In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we've been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven't).

Currently Reading:
  • The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu - I am not quite in love with Liu's style. She uses: Very. Short. Sentences. But, enjoying the plot, so we'll see!

Finished this week:
  • Moloka'i by Alan Brennert - I don't often review literary fiction, but this one was just so fantastic I will have to share! I cried about 10 times reading this thing, and yet I wouldn't call it a tragedy. Saga - yes. Tragedy - no. Expect a review this week!

Did NOT Finish:
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis - After reading so many great reviews of this book, I was extremely disappointed. The world-building was non-existent and the characters were just a bore: this book is Sci-Fi 101. It took me only twenty pages to realise that - at best - I'd be writing a 2 star review for this book. So not worth the effort. Shame...

Up next from the TBR pile:
I am still working my way through TBR Newbies challenge books.  After The Iron Hunt, I think I will FINALLY start reading The Hunger Games.  Considering the film is already being cast, it's about time!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sad you didn't finish ATU! I really loved that one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Across the Universe yet, but now I can't wait to see what I think. Shame you didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...