Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cover Alert! The Gathering (UK) by Kelley Armstrong

OMG there is a new cover for The Gathering!  Apparently the UK publishers, in their infinite wisdom (and no, I am not being a smart ass this time), decided to revamp the cover for Kelley Armstrong’s first book in her new YA trilogy Darkness Rising.  The US cover (which I flailed about here) was all well and good, but I think that this cover is just brilliant.

 

 

Isn’t it just lovely?  I think there might be a revamp of this version before it comes out, but I am extremely excited nonetheless! Kelley Armstrong wrote about the new UK covers on her Darkest Powers blog, and kindly put up a very high quality version of the cover.

 

So… what do you think!?

5 comments:

  1. On a first glance, I'm not sure I like it. I think it'll grow on me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um - it's a little too strange for me! I actually prefer the other cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot actually. Though I have to say, I do prefer the US one :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, the US one looks more like something that would grab my attention in a bookstore, but I do think this one is also pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new UK cover - it's a little different from the old US which could be any YA series. Any chance that the publishers will stick with teh same style of covers for all 3 new darkest powers books though? I hate it when they changes half way through the series...grumble, grumble...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...