Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Alphabet on My Shelf [TSS]

You know when you see a post on someone's blog and think "I've got to do that"? Well, that's what happened to me last week, when I spotted C.B.'s A-Z post of books. His idea? Go through the alphabet only using books from your TBR pile. It was inspiration for the Double Dog Dare "challenge" to read only TBR books until 1 April - and it worked, at least for me.

I had an absolute ball putting this list together. As I went through my shelves I remembered a bunch of books that I had genuinely forgotten about... I had been so excited to buy some of them, but promptly forgot about them as soon as I got home! For example, my copy of Heist Society? It's signed. How could I have forgotten that?

Anyhow, I'm rather proud of my list - I only had to cheat a wee bit!
  • Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh
  • Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre
  • Chime by Franny Billingsley
  • Die for Me by Amy Plum
  • Entice by Carrie Jones
  • Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
  • Gone by Lisa McMann
  • Heist Society by Ally Carter 
  • Impossible by Nancy Werlin
  • The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Isle Witch by Terry Brooks
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
  • Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
  • The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint
  • North Child by Edith Pattou
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Radin
  • Pegasus by Robin McKinley
  • Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead
  • Rampant by Diane Peterfund
  • Split by Stefan Petrucha
  • Trading in Danger by Elizabeth Moon
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  • Vampire Empire: The Rift Walker by Clay Griffith and Susan Griffith
  • Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready 
  • HeX Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  • The Seven RaYs by JessicaBendinger
  • Zombies Don't Cry by Rusty Fischer
Do you think you can do this with books from your TBR pile? Give it a go and find out!

3 comments:

  1. Nice idea. This wouldn't be too hard for me because I have all my books in LibraryThing and can sort by title. The hard part would be choosing just one book from the more popular letters. Oh, and finding time to actually read another 26 books. Have fun with your choices. I have read your A, H, I, K, L, P, T, and X. I also have C, O, and Q on my TBR mountain. Good luck with your challenge. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I have many of my books on my librarything, I have been really terrible at updating it - so this was still quite a challenge for me! Actually READING them all will no doubt be just as hard.

      Nice to find someone who's read Trading in Danger - it was a library sale book I picked up, so I don't know much about it...!

      Delete
  2. This really is much more fun than it has a right to be. I've already set up a second stack of alphabetical books in from my TBR shelf. I've many more than I'll be able to do by April 1, so I'm thinking this could be my "Year of Alphabetical Reading."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...