New year, new habits: instead of the semi-regular, weekly "Monday Reading" posts, I'm going to be doing monthly reading posts a-la-booktube community. This is part of my push to start scheduling my reading, and thus hopefully get more books read. So, starting today, I will be posting monthly TBR posts listing the books I plan to tackle. Then, at the end of the month, I'll give a quick wrap-up.
This month, I have quite a few books I "have" to read - for blog tours and author meetings and whatnot:
- Last Chance by Sarah Dessen - This book kicks off my YA Contemporary Challenge (though, being half way through it, I have noticed that the writing is a bit dated).
- Professor Moriarty: The Hound of the D'Urbervilles by Kim Newman - I will be meeting Kim next weekend and really want to have read his book before I do.
- The Holders by Julianna Scott (kindle) - I'll be part of the blog tour for Julianna's book next month, so need to read it ASAP!
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin - I've decided to finally finish this mammoth book this month. I've read half of it, and plan to do a readalong-with-the-show in order to get through the second half.
- The "maybe" book: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead - Again I'm half way through this and really want it done with already!
And... that's all! I'm not putting too many books on my reading pile, as I am swamped with work as is. If you've read any of these - or if you are really looking for a review for one - let me know!