Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WoW - Night Beach by Kirsty Eagar

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are being eagerly anticipated.


Night Beach by Kirsty Eagar
YA - Goodreads - February 2012 by Penguin Books Australia

For Abbie, the ocean is a refuge and the only place she feels in touch with her wilder, truer self. But when her step-cousin Kane returns from a surf trip with something to conceal, she learns that what the sea wants, the sea shall have … A page-turning gothic thriller from award-winning author Kirsty Eagar.

From the author: "It’s about art, the ocean, and the very dark things that feed the creative process … There’s surfing in there, and a look at the idea of ownership. But mainly it’s about a girl called Abbie and a guy called Kane."

I've heard fantastic things about Kirsty Eagar's other novels, so when I saw the summary (and cover) to Night Beach on Goodreads I knew I had to get a copy. This book just sounds so very dark and gothic - all while keeping focus on the treacherous ocean waters... I really can't wait to read it!

Kirsty is an Australian novelist and I'm afraid none of her novels have been published outside Oz. But with fabulous Aussie/NZ sites like Fishpond, those of us across the seas can get ahold of her books!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing cover and the abstract is intriguing. Thanks for this.

    My WoW post

    I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds intriguing, I haven't heard of it before, I will have to look it up.

    My Wow

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great book. I hope you enjoy it.


    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i am seriously crazily excited for this as well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...