So, I got booooooks this week. Finally!
- Cheat the Grave and The Neon Graveyard by Vicki Pettersson - These are the final two books in the Zodiac series - and I'm afraid I had to go out and get the horrid US covers. I would have gotten the UK ones... if they existed.
- Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances (Trisha Telep) - OK, yes this editor has gotten a whole lot of heat lately. And I completely and utterly understand (and agree) with that. But this anthology features a bunch of my very favourite authors (including some that pulled out of other anthologies because of Telep), so they are the ones I am reading for. I'm talking about Ann Aguirre, Maria V. Snyder, and Caitlin Kittredge (among others, of course).
- Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles - WHOOT!
- Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin - This is a vampire novel written by a living legend in fantasy... and it is set on a riverboat. What more can you possibly ask for?
- Chime by Franny Billingsley - When I had first heard about this book, I hadn't been at all interested. Not only little bit. And then my twitter lit up with comments about it (then amazon had it on sale for £3.50), and suddenly I found myself looking forward to getting my hands on it.