Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Reading (July 25th, 2011)

In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we've been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven't).

I read an unusual amount of books this week: FIVE.  I probably managed it because they were all YA, which tend to rather small compared with full-on adult fiction.

Currently Reading:
  • Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs - Every time I start a Patricia Briggs book, I remember how much I adore her writing... and then I finish her books and promptly forget her awesomeness. But she is.  Awesome, that is. 
Finished this week:
  • The Glass Demon by Helen Grant - Very enjoyable - I am certainly going to be checking out some more Helen Grant novels.
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - God, this was gorgeous!  Very very very different take on your standard YA novel. Can't wait to review it!
 

  • Siren by Tricia Rayburn - Not bad.  I wasn't over the moon, but I think some people may love it.
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Solid middle-of-a-trilogy novel.  Although if I had known what was coming in Mockingjay, I might have been more appreciative...
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - The more I think about this book the more annoyed I get.  Yes, it was great.  But at the same time, WOW did it piss me off. 


Up next from the TBR pile:
  • Happy novels.  After reading Mockingjay, I plan on only reading books that are either a) full of cheer, or b) from writers I adore so much that just looking at the cover makes me smile.

7 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on Patricia Briggs. I need to get River Marked so I can get caught up but I might wait for the paperback.

    At first, I didn't think I had much for my Monday Review, but I stayed up way too last last night reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think that it was meant to be us crossing paths today. I love penguins - they are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Glass Demon sounds so good. I need to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good books. I hope you enjoy them. :)
    Have a nice week.

    Carla
    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Nice choice of books! I read all of the Patricia Briggs "Mercy Thompson" series, and have River Marked lingering on my Nook now. Will get to it sometime :) Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should start Catching Fire soon. The wackiest book I'm reading this week is Bagelmania. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was completely disappointed in the Catching Fire trilogy. Loved the first one and down hill from there. I just added a few books from your list to my ever-growing pile of TBR books!!

    I have one of Patricia Briggs' books sitting on my nightstand, will hopefully get to it next week. I enjoy both her and Kim Harrison!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...