Sunday, July 24, 2011

In My Mailbox (July 24th, 2011)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie) and explores the content of your mailbox.

I got some fantastic books over the past couple of weeks - books that I have been longing for since... well, it feels like since the dawn of time, so you understand my excitement.

  • Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead - I ordered the US hardback of this book because I really wanted the face!covers.  I was rather floored by how gigantic this book is - if wielded as a weapon, it could do some serious damage! 
  • Pure Blood by Caitlin Kittredge - I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and so took the initiative to actually buy the next book in the series.
  • Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver - Received for review from Hodder & Stoughton - Yay! The new Lauren Oliver book!  Hodder also sent along a lovely cut-out puppet thingy.  Can't wait to read this!
  • Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - OH MY YAY!

  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - Received for review from Hodder & Stoughton - I read this and absolutely ADORED it.  Absolutely everything I could ever hope for and just... yeah, fantastic.
  • Our Lady of Darkness by Fritz Leiber - This was a gift from my mother. She used to be very good buds with Fritz and really thinks I'll love his books.  Looking forward to reading it!
  • Hunter's Prayer by Lilith Saintcrow - I wasn't over the moon about the first book in this series, but in Lilith I trust.

  • Crypt: The Gallows Curse by Andrew Hammond - Received for review from Headline
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Received from Hodder & Stoughton - This is the new UK paperback of Delirium (read my review here), and while I'm not in love with the cover the book is fantastic!
  • Shady Lady by Ann Aguirre - I haven't started this particular series yet, but in Ann Aguirre I trust.

  • A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin - MY MOTHER IS AWESOME AND GOT ME A SIGNED COPY OF THIS! I wish I had proper pictures of this to show you... but you'll just have to take me for my word! 
And that's all!  Daughter of Smoke and Bone was the biggest surprise - wasn't expecting to get it, nor was I expecting to love it.  A Dance with Dragons was also a huge surprise - I knew I'd get a copy eventually, but a signed one?  Never would have guessed!

*Off to check out other IMM posts*

9 comments:

  1. Oh my Gods, I am very jealous!! Signed Dance With Dragons *flail*. I can't get to a signing being in the UK - makes me very sad! And Daughter of Smoke and Bone sounds fantastic.

    Once Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book week. I think I prefer the hardback of Forever - I have the paperback and its silver. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE SIGNED COPY OF DANCE WITH DRAGONS!!!! I've read Shady Lady and it's gooooood, I love that series. and man i don't even know where to start on all those other books except Daughter of Smoke and Bone was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Aguirre is a goddess! Trust her and start the Corine Solomon series - it's fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delirium is so high on my list of wanting to read, I am jealous! Nice imm

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great books. I really have to start reading Ann Aguirre. I have a few of her books on my TBR mountain.

    My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great books...Crypt looks really good...enjoy all these!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone as well. :)

    Hah! I actually don't have any of the Vampire Academy books and I need to remedy that. It is my favorite paranormal series. I'll keep in mind that I can also substitute Last Sacrifice as a weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. I love the VA series, I am so sad that it has ended. LoL
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...