Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are being eagerly anticipated.

First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci
Goodreads -YA - November 1st, 2011 by Scholastic Press

A startling, wonderful novel about the true meaning of being an alien in an equally alien world.

We are specks. Pieces of dust in this universe. Big nothings.

I know what I am.

Mal lives on the fringes of high school. Angry. Misunderstood. Yet loving the world -- or, at least, an idea of the world.

Then he meets Hooper. Who says he's from another planet. And may be going home very soon.

There's something about this book that makes me want to read it rightnow. I just adore the idea of a screwed-up teenager, who is convinced he's been kidnapped by aliens, being told, "You're right. I'm one of the little green men. Fancy a trip to Mars?" Rather, what I love is the uncertainty. Is this going to be a real sci-fi book? Or is it going to deal with a real psychological issue... I don't know, and I'm eager to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...