Sunday, March 27, 2011

In My Mailbox (March 27th, 2011)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie) and explores the content of your mailbox.

Ooh, I had a fantasticly bookish week!  Went slightly mad in a few charity shops, Foyles and Forbidden Planet - not to mention there were some lovely goodies at the Lauren Oliver event (signed posters! postcards! books!).  Alas, the photos I took on my phone are refusing to transfer, so I can only give you a shot of the books I took with me. (Except, I just realised I do have Pretty Little Liars with me but promptly forgot about it for photo time... oops).

  • Soulless by Gail Carriger - I've already started this one.  Love Gail's writing style.
  • Killbox by Ann Aguirre
  • Archangel by Sharon Shinn - Forbidden Planet finally got this back in stock!  I've been waiting about, oh, a year for it... but yay!


  • Delirium and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - Shall be giving out some signed goodies/books by Lauren later in May.
  • Cursed by David Wellington
  • Impossible by Nancy Werlin - This was such a great Oxfam Books find. Looks gorgeous and romantic - can't wait to read it.
  • Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst - Featured this as a WoW months and months ago and spotting it at Foyles felt a bit like fate.  Wish I had a photo of this one, as the US Hardcover is lovely.
  • Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
*stares at the pretty books*  There's just something wonderful about new books - even when you don't get to read them immediately they can still make you smile.  *is smitten*

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved Delirium! And you're right, they are very pretty books. It's so hard these days not to judge a book by it's cover. I always catch myself out doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Delirium! It looks so good! I also really want Enchanted Ivy, that looks awesome too :D Happy reading!

    Bella
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I both watch and read Pretty Little Lias but, it's very good. Love the books and the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're complrely right about new books :)

    Looks like you got some great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great books there - and I agree with the new books feeling. I didn't buy any books this week and looking at everyone's haul this week I wish I had! Still, there's always next week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I do love that new book feeling. Soulless was a lot of fun, so I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You had an amazing book week! I loved Delirium and can't wait to read Soulless! I hope you love them all! You can stop over and check out my mailbox here: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week! I love the Gail Carriger series. Impossible is such an awesome book one of my favourites of last year.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren Oliver's books are amazing. I loved both of them.
    I've been wanting Enchanted Ivy for ages - I hope you enjoy it, and the rest of your books!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought myself Impossible in January after having really liked Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin. I haven't gotten to read it yet because I haven't been in the mood for contemporary paranormal yet. I'm in a folktale/fantasy world sort of phase. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a set of books! I love Lauren Oliver. I really want to read Gail Carriger's books.
    New follower!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sincerely hope you like Soulless. If you don't, I will take all the blame. Promise.

    Fab week, hope you like 'em all. And hope work schedules let you read some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your last statement so much : new books make me smile too, even on the grayest days!
    I really enjoyed Soulless, and Enchanted Ivy really is pretty, though I have yet to read it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...