Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Pink by Lili Wilkinson

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are being eagerly anticipated.
Pink by Lili Wilkinson
Goodreads – YA
February 8th 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers

The pink jumper was glowing in my grey bedroom like a tiny bit of Dorothy's Oz in boring black-and-white Kansas. Pink was for girls. Ava Simpson is trying on a whole new image. Stripping the black dye from her hair, leaving her uber-cool girlfriend, Chloe, behind. Ava is quickly taken under the wing of perky, popular Alexis who insists that: a) she's a perfect match for handsome Ethan; and b) she absolutely must audition for the school musical.

But while she's busy trying to fit in - with Chloe, with Alexis and her Pastel friends, even with the misfits in the stage crew - Ava fails to notice that her shiny reinvented life is far more fragile than she imagined.

For some reason I am really attracted to this book.  Probably because I love the idea of a character regressing to behaviour that is just not like them – a girl, out and proud, deciding to go backwards instead of forwards.  I am also looking forward to the whole “it’s high school, you can still change who you are” aspect of this book.  Hope this will be a great read!

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one too. Now to decide which cover to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting cover.. I hope you enjoy your book!
    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday Post

    Be sure to check out my 100 Followers Contest Here:
    A Book Obsession..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the concept, too. Weirdly drawn to it. And that cover! Gorgeous. Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW post here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this book and the cover jumps right out at you. Putting it on my TBR pile next. THanks for the recommend :D

    You can find my WOW at http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...