Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shelf Analysis: Typography in 2013 Teen Reads

It's been awhile since I've done a Shelf Analysis - mostly because no YA cover trends have really stuck out for me. But while perusing my 2013 shelf on goodreads, I noticed something somewhat usual... typography!

To those of you who are a bit confused by the term, typography is basically the art of aranging types to make things look gorgeous. To put that in book cover terms: covers where the focus is on the print of the title or the author's name, rather than an image.

Take a look at these upcoming YA books (this is a bit of a Waiting on Wednesday post, as well!) and you'll see what I mean!


Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Out on September 10th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books - goodreads

Black Out by Robison Wells 
Out on October 1st 2013 by Harper Teen - goodreads


The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Out on September 10th 2013 by Harper Teen - goodreads

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Out on August 15th 2013 by Dial - goodreads


In The After by Demitria Lunetta
Out on June 25th 2013 by Harper Teen - goodreads

Snow White Must Die by Neil Neuhaus
Only out in Australia, I'm afraid! *cries* - goodreads 

Typography-focused covers are by no means a new thing, but it is rather unusual to see them in YA novels. My favourites are the covers of Not a Drop to Drink and Snow White Must Die - absolutely stunning! I have no idea when or why these covers came back into fashion, but I fully approve!

4 comments:

  1. All these books have great covers and sound really interesting.

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous post. Not a Drop to Drink is my waiting on wednesday post this week. I love the cover :)

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is on my must read list for the year. I have the ARC, and even though I have tons of books to read before it, I keep staring at it, wanting to read it already.

    My "Waiting On" Wednesday
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Title:
    The Best High Returns on Best Investment
    Content:
    Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
    For More Details click the link below:
    Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum
    Web Link:
    http://www.whatacash.com

    Display Name: whatacash

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...