These aren't all the books I've acquired since my last post, but it's a fair bunch of them. I also picked up a bunch at Eastercon, where I met a tonne of authors and covered for a radio station with another presenter. The segment was broadcast months ago, but is not online yet. Once it is, I will do a mini (belated) wrap-up!
Moving on... For Review I received:
- The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George - This cover is really, really lovely. Hope what's inside is as good as what's on the outside!
- Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan - I'm reading this right now and - after a few horrible pages - am quite enjoying it! Reviewed the first in this series here.
- Breathe by Sarah Crossan - I actually requested this one; it just sounds super awesome. Sarah's blog tour is coming round soon, so you should see her one the interwebs soon.
- Zombies Don't Cry by Rusty Fischer - This sounds absolutely hysterical and is on my very-soon-to-read pile!
- Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton - This is book... 21 (?!) of the Anita Blake series. Seeing as how I am on book four of this series, I think it will be a while before I get to it. Though I have to say, the new UK covers are gorgeous.
- Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich - I've never read a book by Janet, but I know she's super popular. This is the second book in a series - anyone know if I can get away without reading the first?
- The Chemickal Marriage by Gordon Dahlquist - This cover is GORGEOUS and the book sounds fab - but, again, it's the third in a series. Do I need to go out and buy the first two?
- The Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - This is supposed to be candy-covered brilliance. Not sure why I haven't read it yet...
- 1.4 by Mike A. Lancaster - Again, this is the second book in a series that I haven't started. I have 0.4 on my kindle, though. May splash out on the paperback if I like it, as the cover is so freakin' creepy!
- The Watcher by Charles Maclean - This is a re-print of a horror novel that came out in the 80s. I was surprisingly intrigued by the premise, despite it not being my genre.
- Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt - This sounds rather painfully good. I think I'll have to get myself in a zone before I start it.
- Mister Creecher by Chris Priestley - This sounds rather fun, and I've heard great things about the author.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - Usually I am not a fan of historical novels, but this one sounds really, really good! And it has had fantastic reviews.
- The Last Four Things by Paul Hoffman - This is the second in a series, but I think I can get away without reading the first. I hope so, anyhow, as this one sounds super-super cool! Like a Season 4 Supernatural episode...
- Forbidden by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee - Reading the summary for this one, I'm not sure quite what it is going for. It's a dystopian, post-apocalyptic... horror novel? I think so, anyhow.
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore - This series isn't up my alley, so I passed it on to an actual teenager (surprise, surprise!).
- Dissing You Already by Kate Kingsley - Again, not really my kind of book! Passed this one on as well.
- Shadow of Night and A Discovery of Witches (not pictured) by Deborah Harkness - This is one of those series that has had some fantastic crossover appeal. I am eager to see why so many people liked it!
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer - I have never been attracted to Jodi's books, but this one sounds brilliant. Contemporary fiction mixed with a fairy tale = just my cup of tea.
- A Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder - I have had mixed feelings about Maria's books; I really hope this book lives up to the quality of Poison Study and not the "meh"-ness of Fire Study.
- Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne - This one sounds super creepy!
- The Out of Office Girl by Nicola Doherty - Since I knew this wasn't going to be my kind of book, I passed it on to a friend... who really, really enjoyed it. Apparently, if you are looking for a new chick-lit-type author, check out Nicola.
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler - This is written by he-who-is-also-known-as Lemony Snicket! I read some rather polarized reviews for it, so I am curious to find out what I think of it...
I was going to include a bunch of books that I bought as well, but after that I am rather exhausted! You'll see them next week.
Any suggestions, people? I've got Zombies Don't Cry and Breathe up next on my TBR pile, but I'd love some input!