I got one highly anticipated book from the Book Depository this week and the rest? Well, they were all surprise purchases from a surprise second-hand book sale that turned up outside my door! I do love second-hand books...
- Isle Witch by Terry Brooks
- Rip Tide by Kat Falls - Rip Tide!!! I am so sad that this is the second-and-last book in the series, but I can't wait to read it!
- The Loop by Nicholas Evans - This one has wolves in it! In case I haven't mentioned it, I am a die-hard wolf fan. I wrote my Masters dissertation on wolves. Wolves and I? We go way back.
- Trading in Danger by Elizabeth Moon
- Startide Rising by David Brin - I know this cover seems rather ridiculous, but I had to buy it. You see, this lovely man pointed at the book while I was going through the SF box at the second hand book sale and said "it's brilliant". He was so genuine as he started talking about 1980s feminism in science fiction, I knew I had to give the book a shot. Ridiculous cover or not!
And then... there's my new KINDLE!
Isn't it just gorgeous?! I waited so long to get an e-book reader but now I am so glad that I have one (read my entire post about why I finally gave in). I think I will do a review of the product (it's a Kindle Keyboard, btw) once the novelty has worn off. Oh, and the lovely Kindle cover you see? That is the lovely New Yorker cover by M-Edge. I found mine new on Ebay (international shipping on the site was a bit complicated) and it is worth every cent. It's absolutely gorgeous and seems pretty sturdy!
And what is on my Kindle, you ask? Well, other than a bunch of Law textbooks, I have taken advantage of Netgalley's send-to-your-Kindle capability (which is brilliant, btw). I also bought the lovely collection of Darkest Powers Bonus Pack by Kelley Armstrong - a must for fans of the verse!
On the Kindle:
- Illuminate by Aimee Agresti (for review) - I have been looking forward to this one for an age-and-a-half.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (for review) - Apparently this is a-mazing.
- Silver-Tongued Devil by Jaye Wells (for review) - Whoot! Jaye Wells! God, I love this series.
- Darkest Powers Bonus Pack by Kelley Armstrong (bought - only 86p!)