Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 2011: Books I Can't Wait to Read!

This October is packed with some fabulous new releases, but I thought I'd highlight the ones that I am particularly looking forward to! If you want a few more comprehensive lists of October releases, check out Tor's Fiction Affliction posts for Paranormal Young AdultFantasyScience Fiction, and Urban Fantasy/PNR releases, Tez Says for a list of October releases, and Literary Escapism's gigantic list of upcoming release dates.



Muse by Rebecca Lim - Oct. 27th 2011 (UK)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - Oct. 6th (UK)
Two books by two of my favourite YA authors! I adored Mercy and Exile, so I cannot wait to read the third installment in Rebecca Lim's series. As for The Scorpio Races... is there anyone out there who isn't looking forward to reading this one?


Reckoning by Lili St. Crow - Oct. 27th 2011 (UK)
Just Your Average Princess by Kristina Springer - Oct. 11th 2011 (US)
Reckoning is the last book in Lili St. Crow's Strange Angel series, and I'm rather sad about it. I've had my ups and downs with this series, but even still, I'm sad to see it end. Just Your Average Princess, on the other hand, is bound to be a fun, light-hearted romp. I really enjoyed Kristina's The Espressologist, so I am looking forward to seeing what else she comes up with!


The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams - Oct. 25th 2011 (US)
Debut Author! I pimped The Shadow Reader in a Waiting on Wednesday post a while back... and now it is finally coming out! Really really looking forward to this one.

So, what's on your October purchase list?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Out of those 5, I'm excited about reading "The Shadow Reader". I'm a little apprehesive of "Reckoning". I adored the first few books in the "Strange Angels" series but it's going to crap now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ LethalLovely - I haven't read the latest Strange Angels book, but I wasn't too in love with Jealousy... I hope the last book lives up to the awesomeness that was the first!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...