Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Reading: All Hallows' Eve 2011

In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we've been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven't).

I hope everyone is having a spooktacular Halloween today, with lots of goblins, ghouls, and ghosts in their novels. I have quite a few supernatural creatures in my current reading pile, unsurprisingly!

Currently Reading:
  • Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs - The writing in this book is so very middle-grade... it makes my brain alternate between zen and GOD-just-use-3-syllables-already. Enjoying it nonetheless. I reviewed the first book last year: Forgive My Fins.
  • Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris - I always expect these books to be something like the TV series (which I have grown to loathe) and am always surprised when they are completely different. Charlaine is such a soft, funny, Southern author.


Recently(ish) Finished:
  • Pure by Julianna Baggott - I loved this book. Seriously, I loved it. I am actively thinking about hosting a book tour for my ARC because I just want to SHARE my love.
  • My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent - Good but not fantastic installment in the Soul Screamers series.
  • Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda - The book was fantastic! It was much better than the first in the series... and since the first was great, that's really saying something. The thought of there being no more Billi SanGreal novels makes me very very sad. :(

Reviewed:
Up next from the TBR pile:
  • I've come to a conclusion rather late in the year... and that is that I should probably read one book from each of the series I'm reading. And guess what? There are a tonne of series I am part way through that I haven't picked up this year. How on earth am I going to remember the plot if I wait a billion years before getting to the next in the series? *worries* So, I'll probably be reading some Richelle Mead as I have read nothing by her this year.

3 comments:

  1. Great books this week! Just that list alone has me now following your blog. Happy reading!

    Here's the link to my monday post...

    http://moretalesfromthecrypt.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/my-week-in-review-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting to read Pure - can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about some of the series I am in the midst of!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...