Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Reading (Sept. 26th, 2011)

Out of the pond... by InertiaK
In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we've been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven't).

I brought one of my mother's dogs to live with me, so it's going to be an... interesting week. I hope that she completely kisses up to my roommates so they can look after her whenever I'm not here! *hopes* She's lovely, so I can't imagine anyone not loving her...

Currently Reading:
  • The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien - I am almost through the first book in Two Towers... and I think I will put it down there. It is brilliant, of course, but I not too sure I am up to the claustrophobic Sam/Frodo/Gollum business.
  • The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller - I really really didn't think I would like this book. I bought it on a whim and have dreaded picking it up. And guess what? It's pretty good! Colour me surprised.
 


Finished this week:

  • State of Wonder by Ann Patchett - Even though I loathed the main character, Patchett delivered a beautiful and engaging novel. Not my favourite of her books, but still fantastic.
Reviewed this week:


Up next from the TBR Pile:

2 comments:

  1. I had the exact opposite reaction to the Eternal Ones that you did - I thought I would love it and I ended up hating it. I seem to be in the minority with it though. I was way behind on the 2011 Debut Author challenge too - but I've read nothing but debut authors for the past month so I'm catching up. Blood Magic is next up on my Debut Challenge as well! She's from my hometown and I'm so bummed I never got to connect with her before I moved.

    Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard good things about State Of Wonder. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...