Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are being eagerly anticipated.


Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
GoodreadsDecember 8, 2011 from Philomel/Penguin
A dark and dangerous forbidden love story about a Speaker who helps lingering ghosts pass to the spirit world and the Protector who has pledged to serve her. 

I'm going to be completely honest with you guys - I am only into this book because of the cover. I am that lecherous lass in the library drooling over the art, unconcerned by the content. Of course, we currently don't have much of a summary to go off of... but if the novel turns out to be only 10% as great as the cover then I am going to love it.

Oh, and Mary Lindsey is a 2011 Debut Author!  How 'bout that for incentive?

ETA:  I just went and corrected a typo in the summary here and on Goodreads.  Yeah, that really goes to show how very little there is on this book.

11 comments:

  1. I would definitely buy this book for the cover alone. Hope the read is good too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is AMAZING! And that one line description is enough to intrigue me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Server her?" Serve her? Sever her? Confuzzled. Sorry that sounds snarky, but truly isn't.

    I'm with you on that cover art.

    Can't wait for a better blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an absolutely gorgeous cover . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I see this one I want it. I'm hoping what's inside is as great as what is on the outside!!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly crap... would you look at that cover... Maybe the best one so far this year... This book looks great.... Fantastic pick!
    XOXO
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is beautiful, isn't it! I can't wait to find out more about the book! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a long wait but the book looks great. I hope the story is as great as the cover.

    Here's my pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read this book too, absolutely love the cover.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a cover! This is why I love this meme: I'd not heard of this book until your post. Now it goes on the TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...