Sunday, September 19, 2010

In My Mailbox (Sept. 19th, 2010)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie) and explores the content of your mailbox.

This has been a seriously stressful/busy week for me (as the lack of posts demonstrate!) but it has all been made right by a few new gems I got. I just wanted to say Hello! to the few new followers from this week, and let you know there is usually more going on!

 I have not bought any new books in, say, 3 weeks? So this week - even though I only got a few - was absolutely fantastic.  Not to mention they are books I have wanted for a while!  Soo... here they are:


  • 13 to Life by Shannon Delany - I Hmmed and Hawed over getting this at full price at Foyle, but the Ann Aguirre quote at the back sold it!
  • Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  • Dark Life by Kat Falls - Has a lovely quote on the cover by Jenny over at Wondrous Reads!
  • Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre
  • Wanderlust by Ann Aguirre - Yay for Sirantha Jax!  I absolutely adored Grimspace, and just had to get the next books.  The covers are so flippin' gorgeous - whenever they get around to making the UK editions, I hope they keep them! Wanderlust is in my bag as we speak!
I also got a fantastic Book Journal made by Moleskine that keeps track of thoughts about the books you read.  My motivation for getting is that - although I review books on DBD - I don't always remember my off-the-bat opinions about the book.  Also, for the books that I read that I think y'all might not be interested in, I have a place to keep a review for myself!  It is really nice - and while I do see some potential issues with the alphabetization system that it has - I am looking forward to filling it up!

So, that's this week!  What did y'all get?

3 comments:

  1. Yay for London book shopping! I bet Foyles has missed you ;)

    I hope you enjoy Dark Life. As you can tell, I really enjoyed that one. It's something different, and is kind of like a western under the sea. Pretty cool I reckon'.

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great books I got Doubleblind and met Anne in July, cant wait to read it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books, I really want to read 13 to life and dark life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...