- Seven Sorcerers by Caro King - This is very much a middle-grade book, but WOW is it great! Wonderful mixture of realism and crazy fantasy - with some excellent illustrations to boot!
Finished this Week:
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore - AMAZING! Seriously. Even if high fantasy isn't your thing - please read this book!
- Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill - Loved it! Will no doubt end up writing a long-winded explanation about why I love the male lead, despite him being a complete douche.
Books I DNF:
- Nearly Departed by Rook Hasting - Starting out the book with a character who abuses his staffie that he bought for dog fighting? Not great. But even skipping that chapter, I just couldn't enjoy this book. Alas.
- Betrayals by Lili St. Crow - Lili St. Crow can write depressed teenagers like none other!
- The Line by Teri Hall - Disappointing debut novel. But I will still be reading the sequel.
Up next on the TBR pile:
- Blood Soup by Kelly A. Harmon - Creepy name and a creepy cover - this novella looks like it is going to be fun!