Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - The Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are being eagerly anticipated.



The Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones
Young Adult - April 13th 2010 by Delacorte BFYR

Maxwell Unger has always loved the night. He used to do brave things like go tramping through the forest with his gran after dark. He loved the stories she told him about the world before the Destruction—about nature, and books, and the silver owls. His favorite story, though, was about the Owl Keeper.

According to Max’s Gran, in times of darkness the Owl Keeper would appear to unite owls and sages against the powers of the dark. Gran is gone now, and so are her stories of how the world used to be. Max is no longer brave. The forest is dangerous, the books Gran had saved have been destroyed, and the silver owls are extinct. At least that’s what the High Echelon says. But Max knows better.

Maxwell Unger has a secret. And when a mysterious girl comes to town, he might just have to start being brave again.

The time of the Owl Keeper, Gran would say, is coming soon.

Sounds absolutely amazing, involves owls and has a kick-ass cover. What more could you want?

5 comments:

  1. This looks good! I hadn't seen this one before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay,
    Thanks for featuring my book "The Owl Keeper"!! The cover really is amazing, isn't it?
    There are so many incredible fantasy books out, hard to know where to begin, though you seem to be tracking them down.. Dead Book Darling is terrific, by the way!
    Hope you'll enjoy Owl Keeper. I'll be following your blog!
    Best,
    Christine Brodien-Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I want to read this book so bad. I've seen it popping up all around the blogosphere for the past couple month and I just want it to come out already! April: Come quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here from Jill’s waiting on Wednesday post, it’s interesting to see how everybody has an upcoming new release that they want to read, and every body is so different. I don’t have any now and I won’t have any in 2010 because I have bought too many books in the past and I haven’t caught up with my reading. I started my blog because I wanted to start documenting all the books that I bought and they are sitting in my house suffocating me…. I am slowly documenting them in the wish list section of my blog, so I can look at it and be reminded everyday that I have all these books lying in my shelf, underneath my bed, in my closet, on my dining table and kitchen counter that I had not even opened….I think I must have obsessive book buying behavior…

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Christine - Thanks so much! I am really looking forward to reading your book!

    @mylastread - I know what you mean about already having too many books. But for some reason the unpublished books always seem like exactly the books you need... Probably just because you always want what you can't have!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...