Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lord of the Rings Readalong

There are a lot of challenges starting up for 2010 - but this is the one I am most excited about!



Starting January 1, 2010, we’ll be reading one book from the series (including The Hobbit) each month with a goal of finishing all four books in April. We’ll be taking turns hosting the readalong, so you can follow our intrepid fellowship of readers around the blogosphere. Here’s where you’ll find us each month:
  • January: The Hobbit at A Striped Armchair
  • February: The Fellowship of the Ring at The Literary Omnivore
  • March: The Two Towers at Shelf Love
  • April: The Return of the King at Just Add Books

  • I have only read The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring - and that was years ago.  I had a lot of trouble getting into the rest of the books - despite a fierce desire to!  The films are some of my all-time favourite (I consider them "comfort films" as they never fail to cheer me up!) but the books have always seemed rather inpenetrable.  Hopefully this challenge will help me get through them!

    Sign up over on Shelf Love to join in the action!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...