Thursday, July 16, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: TBR


Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?
My TBR books are all over the place - mostly because I am a compulsive book buyer and own far more books than I have actually read. Because I generally get my books from second-hand shops and charity stores, I tend to buy almost anything. It is a great way of discovering authors I haven't heard of but it also means I have a lot of books that sit on my selves waiting for the day I will be interested in them. Stacy D'Erasmos's Tea , which I got for 50p btw, sat on my shelf over a year before I opened it - and ended up adoring it to ickle pieces.

Anyhow, all these books means that I have no choice but to mix them with books I have already read. I do, however, keep a pile of books that I am reading next to my bed. I am not consistent about how many books I read at once, but at the moment there are ten next to my bed that I am half way through! I guess that is almost like a TBR pile...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...